Social work is your calling. Be the change needed to help improve lives, stand up to injustices and prevent social problems.
The University of North Dakota's (UND's) online master's degree in Social Work is especially tailored for students who work full-time. The Online (Distance) Concentration is available for students who have completed a Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.) degree from a CSWE-accredited program. Those without a B.S.W. but with a bachelor's degree in a related field can purse the Online (Distance) Foundation.
Online student tuition is charged per credit regardless of residency. This means you will pay the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of your state of residency.
Earn a M.S.W. in 3 Semesters
Complete your master's degree in social work in as few as three semesters by attending class full-time and on campus. Or, complete the on-campus concentration part-time. Students must have completed a B.S.W. from a CSWE-accredited program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Generalist Practice with Individuals and Families
- Generalist Practice with Treatment and Task Groups
- Generalist Practice with Communities and Organizations
- Social Policy
- Generalist Research Methods and Analysis
- Generalist Practice Field Education
- Generalist Practice Field Education Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Jan. 15 (On-Campus Concentration)
- June 15 (Distance Foundation)
- Nov. 15 (Distance Concentration)
- 36 (on-campus or online concentration)
- 60 (online foundation)
DisciplinesSocial Work View 452 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Satisfactory completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 30 credit hours of liberal arts courses in such fields as biology, music, languages, anthropology, economics and philosophy.
- A grade of C or higher in a statistics course prior to entering the Advanced Generalist Concentration portion of the MSW program.
- Willingness to abide by the National Association of Social Worker’s Code of Ethics and the University of North Dakota Code of Student Life.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 overall or a GPA of 3.00 in the last two years of the undergraduate program.
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
International22491 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22491 USD per year during 12 months.
National16868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16868 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11245 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11245 USD per year during 12 months.
- Minnesota residents: 14,281 USD per year
- Online tuition: 624 USD per credit
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.