The School of Pharmacy is affiliated with a teaching hospital accredited as a first-class medical center by the Ministry of Education and the Department of Health of the Executive Yuan. Students get practical, hands-on trainings and experiences through their exposure to the hospital's pharmacy.
Although the traditional lecture format is still employed in some course, a significant portion of the curriculum focuses on the acquisition of skills through the use of problem-based, students-centred learning.
The program at Kaohsiung Medical University is designed to develop potentials of those who have the ability to engage in a wide range of advanced clinical pharmacy activities including advanced therapeutic services, patient consultation and clinical research.
It has the following purposes: to preserve, augment, criticize and transmit pharmaceutical knowledge; to advance and generate pharmaceutical knowledge; to aid in conserving or improving the health and welfare of the public through influencing the patient, the health practitioner, or their common environment. Teaching is conducted through a mixture of lectures, practical classes, workshops, problem classes and small group tutorials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Special Topics on Instrumental Analysis
- Fundamental Topics on Biostatistics
- Special Topics on Pharmaceutics
- Special Topics on Pharmacoeconomics
- Special Topics on Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Biotechnology Techniques in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or related sciences, such as chemistry, fragrance and cosmetic science, biology, and bio-techniques from a local or foreign university which is recognized by M.O.E. and verified by R.O.C. representative office.
- A minimum GPA of B or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (a notarized Chinese or English translation of transcript is required)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide official proof of English proficiency with scores at or above the following levels: TOEFL ITP 500, CBT 173, IBT 61, IELTS 4.5 or TOEIC 600.
International3372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1686 USD per semester during 24 months.
National3372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1686 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaohsiung City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.