We further established the first Graduate Institute for Oral Health Science (GIOS); providing the concrete basis for promoting dental public health in our country. In order to offer further clinical-basic science training for denstists on a continuing bases, the On-the-Job MS program was founded within the graduate institute of dental and oral health sciences.
This Dentistry program at Kaohsiung Medical University has a special feature focusing on “Periodontal Prosthodontics training for the practicing dentists, and it is currently the only one of its kind.
With the refinement of the university’s organization and mandates, we evolved into a full-sized College of Dental Medicine, providing our country's very first and foremost college-level professional education in all aspects of basic and clinical dental sciences, which is consisted of the School of Dentistry and a separate Department of Oral Hygiene. Our School of Dentistry runs four different programs: the undergraduate program for DDS training, the M.S. program and the Ph.D. program for graduate training and the On-the-Job MS program for the established dentists. In parallel, the Department of Oral Hygiene also has four programs: the undergraduate Hygiene program, the On-the-Job undergraduate program, the M.S. program and the On-the Job M.S. program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Biostatistics
- Special Topics in Oral Biology research Methodology
- Special Topics in Adjunctive Periodontal Prosthesis
- Biology Basis of Orthodontics
- Seminars in Orthodontics
- Clinical Practice in Orthodontics
- Special Topics in Occlusion
- Literature Review and Case Conference in Pediatric Dentistry
- Orthodontics in Pediatric Dentistry
- Operative Dentistry in Pediatric Dentistry
- Clinical Practice in Pediatric Dentistry
- Physics and Medical Usage of Laser
- Behavior Management in Pediatric Dentistry
- Special Topics in Oral Radiology
- Literature Review and Case conference in Periodontics
- Special Topics in Dental Pharmacotherapeutics
- Clinical Practice in Periodontics
- Special Topics in Oral Pathology
- Special Topics in Applied Oral Anatomy (Laboratory)
- Special Topics in Dental Materials
- Seminar and Literature Review in Prosthodontics
- Special Topics in Periodontal and Prosthesis
- Clinical Practice in Prosthodontics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Holds an equivalent degree of D.D.S. from a Medical/Dental College of a local or foreign university which is recognized by M.O.E. and verified by R.O.C. representative office.
- A minimum GPA of B or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (a notarized Chinese or English translation of transcript is required)
- Holds an equivalent degree of Dentist diploma.
International3720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1860 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National3720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1860 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- 56.000 TWD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.