The Master's Program European Global Studies at the University of Basel is the second degree after the Bachelor and comprises a total of 120 credits (CP). The master program European Global Studies is a so-called monostudy course without further subjects, which is studied to 120 CP. One credit point ECTS equals approximately 30 working hours.
Those who complete the master's degree in European Global Studies have sound methodological and theoretical knowledge in social sciences, law and economics. At the same time, the program conveys the skills to critically question established thought patterns and to act across professional boundaries. The acquired expert knowledge is in demand wherever interdisciplinary thinking on European and international issues is an integral part of working life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Regional Integration and Global Flows
- Peace and conflict research
- Trade and Business in Globalization
- Work, migration and society
- Environment and sustainability
- Statehood, development and globalization
- International organizations
- Global Aging and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 3 other Masters in European Studies in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the master’s degree program follows a motion presented by the examination commission of the faculty, in which it recommends to the rectorate to either allow or deny the admission.
- In the event that a bachelor’s degree only partially fulfills the requirements listed in the master’s study regulations, the admission can be issued contingent on the student taking certain classes in the bachelor degree program.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.