At Visual Arts from Western University - Canada students take a core course in art theory and research methods together, thereby providing opportunities for exchange between historical and contemporary perspectives. From there, students work in small seminar courses, complete a second language requirement, have the opportunity to undertake an internship, and complete either a major research paper or thesis, depending on stream.
Our program prepares its graduates for advanced study in the field, as well as for careers in museums, galleries, and other areas of the arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Making Art with Environmental Awareness
- Studio Elective: In-between Cultures: Cultural Translation in Contemporary Art
- MFA Studio Seminar
- Seminar in Early Modern Art: Portraiture Then and Now
- Writing for the Arts
- At Large in the World: Art in Times of Crisis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours BA degree in art history or visual arts with a minimum B+ standing.
- Students with equivalent qualifications in relevant visual fields such as film or media studies will also be considered.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- List of publications
International12408 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6204 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.