Conduct geological engineering research in UND's state-of-the-art facilities. UND is home to the state's core library and the largest geoscience libraries in the Upper Midwest. The M.S. in geological engineering will prepare you to tackle challenges in petroleum and geothermal energy, mineral production, geoenvironmental concerns, and natural hazards.
Why Earn a Master's in Geological Engineering at University of North Dakota?
The graduate geological engineering program at the University of North Dakota provides access to the region's most comprehensive set geological samples.
Areas of geological research emphasis include:
- Hydrogeology and environmental geology
- Economic geology of petroleum, coal and mineral resources
- Sedimentology, stratigraphy and paleontology
- Geomorphology and glacial geology
- Petrology and geochemistry
- Geophysics and tectonics
- Interdisciplinary geological projects involving several research areas, including: integrated basin analysis, surface mining and reclamation, and underground coal gasification
- Geology/Geological Engineering coursework
- Other Engineering and Science coursework
- At least one-half of the credit hours must be at or above the 500-level.
- A maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 30 (thesis option)
- 34 (non-thesis option)
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology View 261 other Masters in Geology in United States
- To be admitted under "approved" status, the applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Geological Engineering from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Applicants must submit a Graduate Record Examination General Test score if their B.S. degree is from a non-ABET accredited program. Other applicants are encouraged to submit GRE scores to support their application.
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must satisfy the School of Graduate Studies' English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
International25160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25160 USD per year during 24 months.
National18870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18870 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12580 USD per year during 24 months.
- Minnesota residents: 15,977.04 USD per year
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.