Popular Music and Culture from Western University - Canada harnesses the resources of two faculties to facilitate inquiry into aspects of popular music that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries.
CareersSeveral of our graduates have continued on to prestigious PhD programs. Others graduates are working in a range of related fields, including: record production; music education; music journalism; and arts and non-profit administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Popular Music Studies
- Listening to Popular Music
- Music, Media, Modernity
- Singing on Record
- Copyright, Creativity, Technology and the Music Industry
- Cultural Labour and Popular Music
- Podcasts and Perspective
- Misinformation and Viral Deception
- Making and Thinking
- Critical Utopias
- The Politics of Labour in the Knowledge Economy
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Music Music History View 34 other Masters in Music History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of popular music and have the ability to manage the curriculum's diverse requirements. We suggest competence in one of the following areas: music history (including artists, genres, and repertoires); music technology; discography; music business; theory; performance; criticism.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International12408 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6204 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.