Surgery from Western University - Canada is intended to fully prepare these individuals specifically seeking future positions in Academic Health Science Centres for the demands of a research career in relation to the CanMeds roles of Medical Expert and Scholar.
Our program has been designed to afford trainees an intensive research experience which will lead graduates to successful careers as clinician researchers at Academic Health Sciences Centers.
- Health Economics
- Statistical Tests & Interpretation
- Survival Analysis
- Oral Communication
- Sample Size & Confounding
- Regression Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Big Data/ICES
- Commercialization & Patents
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 301 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum average of 78% over the last two years of an Honours Program (completed prior to enrolment in an MD program).
- Successfully completed the MD degree or equivalent.
- Completed a minimum of two years of a surgical residency program (students may apply at any point in residency or fellowship training thereafter).
- Demonstrated an aptitude for and interest in surgical research.
- Research Proposal for the student’s surgical subspecialty area and the identification of a supervisor for the research.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International12656 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6328 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- Canadian Citizens And Permanent Residents - 1,060
- International Students - 3,102
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.