At Global Development Studies from Queen's University combining political-economy perspectives with cultural analysis, our students pose key questions about equitable and sustainable development in a world beset by stark inequalities, political turbulence and pressing environmental challenges. With small classes and close supervision, we give students the tools they need to pursue interdisciplinary research projects on the topics that they are passionate about.
Students at Global Development Studies from Queen's University will:
- build the core analytical and communication skills sought by employers in Canada and internationally.
- attain the skills and knowledge needed to make an impact in our increasingly connected world!
- analytical tools and thematic knowledge needed to undertake original research projects,
- advance and apply their skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Political Economy of Development
- The Cultural Politics of Development
- Qualitative Research Methods and Fieldwork
- Professional Seminar in Global Development Studies
- Cuban Culture and Society
- Directed Reading
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Sustainable Development View 18 other Masters in International Development in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A short description of your research interests in global development studies for the Research Interests section.
- Two academic referees
- Two copies of official transcripts from all university-level institutions you have previously attended.
- At Queen's, English is the language of instruction and communication, except for the language departments.
- A sample of academic writing, preferably a short research essay (approximately 10 pages).
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 10 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 10 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.