Students examine gender, our key category of analysis, in terms of its interdependence with race, class, nation, sexuality, disability, age, religion, colonialism and globalization. Students conduct research in Canada and internationally and articulate their scholarship with local and global action for social justice.
Students produce scholarship that is directly applicable to work for social change and to a wide variety of academic and nonacademic careers. Gender Studies at Queen’s University distinctively foregrounds critical race conceptual frameworks at all levels of our undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories in Gender Studies
- Methodologies in Gender Studies
- Professional Development in Gender Studies
- Special Topics in Gender Studies
- Applications of Gender Studies
- Debates on Feminism and Islam
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Philosophy & Ethics Human Medicine View 38 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
- A complete application must include official, up-to-date transcripts for all current and previous study the applicant has listed in the Academic Background section of the application.
- Transcripts in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation provided by the institution issuing the transcript.
- For applicants to research programs, two current academic recommendations are required from professors under whom the applicant has recently studied.
- Two Professional letters of recommendation can be submitted in support of applications to professional graduate programs.
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for admission
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12927 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5773 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.