Environmental Studies from Queen's University offers a Research-based andCourse-based option. The first one follows the traditional sequence of graduate training. Four half-credit courses, the challenge of original research culminating in a thesis, and a formal defense are required (24 months).Course-based Master's emphasizes the development of conceptual thinking and analytical and interpretive skills. Requirements involve six half-credit courses and a library-based interdisciplinary project or paper (16-20 months).
Our graduates have entered careers in Academia and Professional Practice in Government and Non-government areas such as:
- Environmental Protection – water quality
- Conservation & Preservation of Natural Resources- Forestry, Energy, Natural Resources Management
- Environmental Sustainability – Education, Communication & Public Awareness, Sustainable Development Management, Policy & Legislation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methodological and Conceptual Basis for Environmental Studies
- Global Environmental Problems: Issues in Sustainability
- Directed Studies
- Special Topics
- Seminar in Environmental Studies
- Course in Research Ethics
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 93 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Canada
- Statement of Interest
- Applicants for graduate studies in the School of Environmental Studies must have, or expect to have a four year Honours degree (or the equivalent) with a Second Class standing (B+ 75-79%, GPA 3.3/4), or with qualifications accepted as equivalent from a recognized university.
- English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 16 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.