The MA in Creative Arts Therapies, Music Therapy at Concordia University Montréal is the only full professional training program in Québec. The program, approved by the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT), is designed according to the current philosophy and standards of education with the discipline of music therapy.
Within this Music Therapy MA program, students can choose one of two options: Option 1, Research with Thesis or Option 2, Advanced Music Therapy Practice.
Option 1: Research with Thesis
This option is available for students interested in pursuing research, along with the academic rigor of completing a master’s thesis. The option also prepares students who might be interested in later pursuing a doctoral program.
Option 2: Advanced Music Therapy Practice
This option is available for students interested in preparing themselves for advanced music therapy practice and to better position themselves for future licensure. This option allows students to focus on acquiring more direct music therapy clinical experience, with a final practical capstone project rather than a research thesis.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music Therapy Advanced Literature
- Music Therapy Supervision, Teaching, and Learning
- Advanced Clinical Improvisation in Music Therapy
- Advanced Music Therapy Practicum
- Guided Imagery and Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Music Counselling View 18 other Masters in Counselling in Canada
- Entry into the program requires either: 1) a bachelor's/baccalaureate degree in Music Therapy with a 1,000-hour internship (or equivalent); OR 2) a Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Music Therapy (or equivalent).
- Applicants are selected on the basis of a past academic record of no less than a B average (3.00 on a 4.30 scale), or equivalent, a 500-word letter of intent, a curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation.
International31141 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31141 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6284 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6284 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students from Canada 14747 CAD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.