Our aim at the University of Birmingham is to support registered allied health professionals, nurses and midwives to develop the practical knowledge and theoretical understanding required to undertake advanced clinical roles across the healthcare sector.
Aligned to the Advanced Clinical Practitioner Standard and the Multi-professional Framework for Advanced Clinical Practice in England, the programme has been developed to extend learner’s competence to advanced clinical practice level with the support of theoretical and experiential learning; with high quality, research informed person-centred care at its heart.
With specialty specific competencies integrated with the generic core capabilities for Advanced Clinical Practice, this programme will enable you to lead and transform service delivery through research-informed clinical practice.
This Advanced Clinical Practice programme from University of Birmingham is aimed at multi-professionals from a variety of clinical settings who want to develop their research and leadership skills and clinical expertise at Masters level. This programme will be of interest to those wishing to work at advanced levels of practice or those who are currently working as specialist practitioners in bespoke clinical areas.
- Advanced Physical Health Assessment- NB: Students will need to undertake supervised clinical practice
- Clinical Decision Making
- The Reflective Advanced Practitioner
- Research Project/Dissertation
- Creating and Appling Evidence
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical entry requirements:
- The applicant must hold current registration with one of the statutory regulators of health and care professions i.e. NMC or HCPC or GPhC
- The applicant must have at least 36 months clinical experience post qualification.
- They should normally hold an honours degree in their clinical field of practice.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development that shows an ability to study at Masters level.
National9810 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9810 GBP for the full programme
This programme is not available for international students.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.