While preparing for these roles, you learn how to assess needs and identify the cause of performance gaps; design and implement instructional programs and other types of solutions, and evaluate the outcomes of these programs. These aspects represent what educational technology is, a field that facilitates learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources.
Course-related projects that emerge from partnerships established by our faculty with local, national and international start-ups, NGOs, corporations, schools, colleges, CEGEPS, and universities—provide opportunities to link classroom learning with its application in the real world.
To begin the process of launching your career, you can participate in our internship option. With a wide network of for-profit, non-profit, government partners to choose from, you have the opportunity to work in an environment that appeals to your specific interests.
The Educational Technology program at Concordia University Montréal teaches you to:
- Analyze organizational contexts to identify underlying opportunities to improve individual and organizational performance through instructional (training) and non-instructional interventions (such as incentive systems, management, workplace design).
- Prepare individual instructional programs for maximum effectiveness with the intended learners, achieving the desired outcomes, and addressing the practical challenges in learning situations.
- Create a performance improvement campaign or curriculum that links several related instructional programs and other resources to achieve a complex goal while taking a systemic approach to developing competence among learners.
- Apply sound learning theories and results of educational research to solve performance problems and guide instructional design.
- Develop competence with the technologies used to create and deliver instructional and educational materials online, learning materials for classes, workbooks and multimedia materials.
- Appropriately choose technologies for instructional and educational purposes.
- Evaluate learning programs and educational materials.
- Lead instructional projects and educational technology groups.
- Conduct research that leads to further developments in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Learning Theories
- Research Methods
- Fundamentals of Instructional Design
- Fundamentals of Human Performance Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Coaching Educational Psychology View 16 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Canada
Your completed application will include:
- Application form (signed) and Fee
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three Letters of Reference and assessment form
- Statement of purpose (500 to 700 words) outlining why you want to enter this program, what your career goals are and how you feel this program will meet those goals
- Transcripts for all post-secondary institutions attended
- Proof of Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or refugee status (if applicable)
- Applicants whose primary language is not English, are required to submit official language test scores, unless exempted.
International31141 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31141 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6284 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6284 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students from Canada 14747 CAD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.