The MA in Creative Arts Therapies, Drama Therapy option at Concordia University Montréal is a professional program approved by the North American Drama Therapy Association (NADTA). Upon graduation you will receive a one-year complimentary membership in NADTA as a Registered Drama Therapist.
Graduates can apply for the Canadian Certified Counsellor designation offered through the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and qualify in many states and provinces that require licensing.
- Current Approaches to Drama Therapy
- Improvisation and Drama Therapy - Studio/Workshop
- Drama Therapy and Groups
- Drama Therapy Practicum Supervision I
- Drama Therapy Practicum Supervision II
- Advanced Drama Therapy Practicum Supervision I
- Advanced Drama Therapy Practicum Supervision II
- Sociodrama and Psychodrama
- Child and Adolescent Drama Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Theatre & Dance Counselling Psychology View 31 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree with courses in Theatre (24 credits or approved equivalents): Psychology (24 credits, which must include courses in Introductory, Developmental, and Abnormal Psychology, Theories of Personality, and a research methodology course to be approved by an academic faculty advisor, or approved equivalents); and An Introduction to Drama Therapy (3 credits).
- No less than a B average (3.00 on a 4.30 scale) or equivalent.
- Documented involvement in drama and theatre.
- Previous work experience in a clinical, rehabilitative, or educational setting.
- Direct experience with the therapeutic process is highly desirable.
International18660 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National8520 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 284 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Quebec residents: $90,84 per credit.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.