This Master of Science in Physics programme at University of Antwerp is built upon the following standpoints:
- Progress in nanoscience and nanotechnology can only be made after detailed understanding of underlying fundamental nanophysics.
- Proper training in nanophysics, preparatory for R&D work in nanotechnology, requires a period of two years.
- Proper training in nanophysics demands access to different visions and different approaches even within same topics.
To comprise the above goals, our courses in fundamental nanophysics and its applications in material science are organised in a full, two-year master programme, in collaboration with several other scientific institutions.
All the acquired competences in the Master will contribute to the easy integration of the graduates in the academic world, the European R&D base, as well as in the private job market. A large fraction of our graduates continue their education in a PhD programme, but many of them also find careers in private companies (as scientists, engineers or managers) and teaching institutions.
The competences our programme provides are:
- developing analytical mindset and understanding concepts used to describe matter at and below nanoscale; mastering the formalisms and methods in order to perform theoretical studies and calculations with applications from atomistic to macroscopic scale;
- evaluating the appropriate experimental techniques to probe specific properties of matter;
- acquiring experience in large scale facilities;
- developing communication skills and world-wide networking in a multi-cultural environment;
- performing independent research, using relevant scientific literature, delimiting a scientific problem, choosing appropriate methods, interpreting and evaluating the results, and presenting the results to a large audience in correct language and in popular form (when needed).
All study programmes at the University of Antwerp received accredidation from NVAO (Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Advanced quantum mechanics
- Mathematical methods in theoretical physics
- Statistical and mathematical physics
- Atom and molecule structure
- Symmetry in physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- academic bachelor of physics
- academic bachelor of physics and astronomy
- other academic bachelors and masters in exact, medical, engineering or industrial sciences
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 947 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.