The study matters cover all the important areas necessary for acquiring high-level competences in the field, including Reactor Physics, Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics, Structural Mechanics, Radiation Measurement and Health Effects, Nuclear Reactor Power Plant Technology, Nuclear Materials, Nuclear Reactor Control and Operation, Nuclear Reactor Safety and Reliability.Containing the basic matters required for a sound education in Nuclear Engineering, the Nuclear Engineering programme from University of Pisa already granted to many of its past-students the possibility to obtain the certification of European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering (EMSNE). This is the certification released by the European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN) to Nuclear Engineers with a good background, who also fulfilled minimum requirements of mobility for courses or thesis work at European organisations belonging to the Association.
- The study programme is structured into two years of 60 ECTS credits each, including the final thesis work.
- In addition, a sentence has been added to the Regulations in order to accept personalised curricula that could result also from exchanges with foreign Universities, also within ENEN and FuseNet
- At the moment the course is fully offered in English language, but just a minimum knowledge of Italian language is requested to attend the lectures of few side examinations, whenever required, since the basic jargon of the matters is in English.
- The tight network of international contacts of the teachers in the course allows performing part of the thesis work in cooperation with or at renowned institutions in Italy and abroad.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 11 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to be enrolled in the Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Nucleare, it is necessary to be in possession of a first level university degree obtained after three years of study in Italy or of another equivalent first level title obtained in other Countries that can be recognized as adequate.
- The Candidate must present the application attaching at least the former degree certification (or an equivalent document) and the programs of the successfully passed examinations. Both curricular (i.e., past study career) and personal preparation requirements will be checked by the degree course organisms, through an Evaluation Committee (CIV) having the tasks to examine the admission applications, to evaluate the curricula of candidates, to check the possession of the curricular and personal requirements, then making proposals for the admission or for compensation of possible educational lacks.
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.