In the progress of their studies, the students will gather fundamentals of science and technology of biorobotics and neural engineering .
They will be also progressively trained to a multi-disciplinary research attitude by means of a fruitful dialogue with scientists from different research fields, such as medicine, biology, neuroscience, as well as with clinicians in the field of rehabilitation and surgery, pioneers of emerging industrials sectors and social scientists.
In particular, master graduate in the M.Sc. Bionics Engineering programme jointly offered by The University of Pisa (UNIPI) and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA) is able to access the following professions:
- research fellow in universities, research centers, hospitals and industries;
- designer or production responsible of advanced medical devices and automatized therapeutic systems in bioengineering industries;
- designer or production responsible of advanced smart materials for medical and technological applications;
- technical and/or commercial product specialist for companies operating in the biorobotics and neural engineering field;
- consultant and freelancer in the different fields related to bionics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics of human motion
- Statistical signal processing
- Bioinspired computational methods
- Neural and fuzzy computation
- Biological Data Mining
- Applied brain science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Admission is extended also to applicants that have not graduated yet, and will award the degree no later than December 17(EU candidates) or July 31(NON-EU candidates)
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Mechatronics Robotics View 5 other Masters in Robotics in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in other disciplines, only if the B.Sc. includes at least the minimal qualifications in terms of gained credits as detailed in the call
- Good knowledge of English language, at least corresponding to an intermediate level (B2 Level in the European Framework for foreign languages).
- A declaration that the candidate holds an academic degree. Applicants must specify the degree title, the University or educational institute that awarded the degree, the degree course duration, the mark achieved (if applicable), the academic year in which the candidate started his/her undergraduate studies and the graduation date.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 356 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 356 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.