The aim of the International Relations program at Central European University (CEU) is to enable students to both explain and understand material, military, economic as well as ideational factors for continuity and change in the international political system.
The program offers an innovative, dynamic learning environment with relatively small class sizes and an interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For a 360-degree perspective on international events, their causes and consequences, students take courses in three different tracks: International Relations and Law, International Political Economy and Development, and International Political Sociology and History.
Each semester, students are required to take courses from at least two tracks, while over the course of the academic year students are required to take courses from all three tracks. In addition to exposure to the main areas of teaching in the program, students also receive thorough preparation in academic writing, and research design and methods.
- Research Design and Methods in International Relations
- Academic Writing for International Relations
- International Relations Theory
- International Political Economy
- Political Economy of the EU
- Concepts & Theories for Understanding World Politics
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Public International Law in a Turbulent World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 16: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
- US degree credits: 40
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Relations International Business View 14 other Masters in Business Administration in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences discipline or a related field
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample(s)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
Generous scholarships are available to accepted students from any country.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.
In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.