You’ll study the fundamentals of hydrology and pollutant transport in the context of international legal and policy frameworks and integrated catchment management. You will explore key water treatment processes; drawing upon examples of international and national water reuse technology, key to shaping future water sources.
Fieldwork and laboratory practicals present the opportunity to design, perform, analyse and report on appropriate quantitative research and operational studies in the field of water and environmental management.
Water and Environmental Management MSc course is offered by University of Brighton.
In your career you need a combination of knowledge, skills, personal qualities and relevant experiences – and you’ll get all of this from your degree.
- Learn with staff who have experience of undertaking research or consultancy with leading bodies including the Environment Agency, DEFRA and the European Union.
- Guest speakers from organisations including South East Water, Southern Water, Stantec, Brown and Caldwell share their knowledge and experience and provide networking opportunities.
This degree is accredited by Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Water Treatment Technology
- Hydrology and Pollutant Transport
- Water Quality Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Management View 205 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- Degree (minimum 2:2) in civil engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
International15462 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15462 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8856 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8856 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.