As sustainability moves up the agenda and environmental laws and regulations proliferate, there is a growing need to understand and assess human impact on the environment.
Environmental Assessment and Management course offered by University of Brighton will help you develop a range of communication, teamworking and problem-solving skills, and gain the understanding to apply processes such as environmental impact assessment, environmental management and auditing systems to real-world situations.
Career opportunities in both the public and private sectors include transport planning, waste management, environmental consultancy, resource management and town and country planning.
Recent graduates have gone on to secure employment across the sector including:
- Hyder Consulting
- Mott McDonald
- Local government
Programme StructureCourses includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Systems for Environmental Management
- Environmental Law and Policy
- Case Studies on Environmental Assessment
- Issues in Ecology and Conservation
- Research Methods
- Individual research project
- Environmental Impact of Buildings
- Geographical Information Systems
- Sustainable Development
- Water Resources Management
- Water Treatment Technology
- Energy Assessment for Buildings
- Ecological Field Techniques
- Environmental Auditing
- Air Quality Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 225 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- Honours degree or equivalent in appropriate subject with relevant experience. Other candidates with substantial professional experience in environmental work are also considered.
International15012 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15012 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6426 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6426 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.