The Health Promotion MSc offered by University of Brighton is modular, so you will study the essential core modules and then be able to choose one of four pathways to match your previous experience, future ambitions, and if you wish to study full-time or part-time.
During the course you will explore the environments and social conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age in relation to health, and the factors that influence our health behaviours.
You will have the opportunity to combine your health promotion study with complementary disciplines by choosing relevant modules from the Brighton Business School and Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
On graduation, you will be prepared for a career as a health promotion specialist working in public health practice in the public, not-for-profit, voluntary or commercial sector.
Our students often find employment in public health, or change their job role to include more public health, part way through their masters and may shift from full-time to part-time study to complete their MSc.
Typical roles include, programme coordinators or commissioners for local public health, health project coordinators for voluntary sector organisations, young peoples’ welfare or sexual health advisers in a college or primary prevention setting.
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Strategy and Project Planing
- Nutrition in Public Health
- Social Marketing
- Managing Change
- Contemporary Issues in Health and Wellbeing in Older People
- Community Psychology Theory and Practice
- Health Protection
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Health Sciences View 391 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
Degree and experience:
- Normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution.
- Candidates with professional qualifications (eg nursing certificate), directly relevant experience, or record of active involvement in civil society organisations will also be considered, although they will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at level 7.
- English-speaking students from overseas are particularly welcome.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
International13338 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13338 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6426 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6426 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.