The level and variety of subjects studied provide mathematicians with an excellent command of fundamental mathematical tools and abstract reasoning. The core subjects of study are analysis, algebra, geometry, topology and number theory. The Master of Science in Mathematics offers a high level of education, either in pure mathematics or in applied mathematics.
Having a strong background in analysis, abstraction and reflection is necessary to solve complex problems. Graduates in mathematics are therefore highly esteemed professionals. They will be qualified for various careers in private companies, governmental institutions or in academia.
This Mathematics Master’s program from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne also provides a solid foundation for students planning to follow a PhD program in mathematics.
- Algebraic K-theory
- Complex manifolds
- Homotopical algebra
- Lie groups
- Linear algebraic groups
- Modern algebraic geometry
- Modular forms and applications
- Number theory in cryptography
- P-adic numbers and applications
- Representation theory of semisimple Lie algebras
- Riemann surfaces
- Topics in algebraic geometry
- Topics in number theory
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Natural Sciences Actuarial Science View 16 other Masters in Mathematics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See below for a detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 18 months.
CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.