The MSc involves two further years of study in which you build on your chosen theoretical base and develop ways of working with complex presentations of human distress. You also develop skills in research design and implementation specific to the profession of psychotherapy.
The Psychotherapy course offered by University of Brighton is a unique opportunity to undertake a more general psychotherapy training, building on the cross-modality philosophy and approach of the practitioners in the counselling and psychotherapy division at Brighton.
The MSc will qualify you to work as a psychotherapist in either humanistic or psychodynamic counselling, depending on your chosen specialism.
To facilitate your career progression, we recommend that you join the main local counselling organisation, Sussex Counselling, which provides a professional network as well as regular seminars and workshops.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Psychotherapy Practice and Models of Change
- Complex Presentations in Psychotherapy
- Systemic Interventions: Theory and Practice
- CBT and the Relational Paradigm
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 735 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Applicants will have a postgraduate diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling (equivalent to 120 masters-level credits).
- Although the MSc is a continuation of our postgraduate diplomas, applications are welcomed from those who have been awarded an equivalent qualification in counselling from other universities.
International4129 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4129 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4129 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4129 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.