Students enhance their expertise within a chosen design field, including visual communication design, industrial design, interior architecture and digital media design. They also broaden their skills and knowledge in design practice, 3D printing, interaction design, design management, computer-aided design and visualisation tools.
Students in the Design program by Swinburne University of Technology develop the professional capabilities and knowledge to become leaders in their field, as well as skills and strategies that enable them to be accomplished practitioners.
They may also undertake study in related areas, including business innovation, marketing and media. Students have the option to participate in study tours and projects with Design Factory Melbourne.
Graduates may find work in design consultancies, advertising, publishing, packaging, merchandising, design research and design management.
Aims and objectives
The Master of Design enables mastery in design and enhances the skills, knowledge and capabilities for professional practice and management in a broad range of design fields. Upon successful completion of the Master of Design, graduates will be able to:
- generate high-level concepts and highly refined, detailed design outcomes and/or prototypes to professional standards
- critically evaluate and interpret current and future design practices in relation to social, cultural, economic and environmental contexts
- analyse and synthesise complex conceptual and technical information to inform independent research and apply to design projects
- critique and interpret theoretical propositions and methodologies, using design research principles and communication skills
- implement agile, strategic thinking and evaluative judgement in the design process, including collaboration, experimentation, creative problem-solving and decision-making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inclusive and Participatory Design
- Design Principles
- Open Studio
- Design-led Research
- Applied Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 13 other Masters in Graphic Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code- 088128AOne of:
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline plus relevant professional experience** in design or a related field*
- Completion of postgraduate studies (graduate certificate / graduate diploma) in design or related field.*
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26960 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.