The study course offers knowledge on chemical properties of xenobiotics and other anthropogenic substances, their interactions with the biosphere, their detection and monitoring, and Also legal aspects related to this field.
EnviTox focuses on Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Sciences, therefore students with a Bachelor Degree in biology, chemistry or ecology and similar fields of study are welcome as applicants for EnviTox.
Graduates in Master of Environmental Toxicology from University of Duisburg-Essen are experts in the monitoring and assessment of xenobiotics and other anthropogenic substances. They can hold position in the fields of:
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Private and administrative offices
- Analytical laboratories
- Environmental protection agencies and NGOs
- Furthermore, successful students may also continue their academic education aiming at a PhD.
- The study course EnviTox consists of a more theoretical first study year and a more practical second study year.
- The curriculum comprises nine modules, including a 16-week internship, and the six-months Master's Thesis as final module.
- The nine modules of the curriculum cover three groups of knowledge and its application. In group “ Fundamentals” students are introduced to the field of EnviTox (Module “Aspects of environmental research”), they gain fundamental knowledge of the movement of substances in environmental compartments (Environmental chemistry), obtain insight into important molecular biological sciences (biochemistry and bioinformatics) and learn how to monitor chemical substances in different matrices (Environmental analytics).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesToxicology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 54 other Masters in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A University degree (BSc, MSc, University Diploma (eg Universitätsdiplom), State Examination (eg Staatsexamen)) in Biology, Chemistry, Water Science or Environmental Sciences in the Natural Science domain
- a degree from a University of Professional Education (eg BSc, MSc, Diploma (Fachhochschuldiplom, HBO diploma) in one of the above mentioned study programs.
- The Grade Average Point of the above mentioned degree should be at least 66.
- At least 15 credits in two of the following three areas of expertise: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences
- A practical bachelor thesis relevant to the field of Environmental Toxicology.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Duisburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.