The Master’s degree program Polymer Technologies and Sciences (PTS) offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz expands on the material covered in the undergraduate degree program Polymer Engineering (Kunststofftechnik) at the JKU.
Students can take advantage of flexible options to specialize in a variety of areas such as materials science, polymer processing, or polymer product design in combination with experimental techniques, modeling and simulation.
Graduates can pursue careers ranging in research and development to production, marketing, and to executive management positions.
- Unique cross-disciplinary program
- Attractive infrastructure, state-of-the-art equipment
- Flexible options for specialization
- Outstanding conditions to conduct research
- Excellent career prospects.
Polymer-based products and technologies are vital to the economy and their innovative potential is limitless. Graduates of the Master's degree program in Polymer Technologies and Science are uniquely and highly qualified to:
- Pursue a position at an academic, public, or private research facility (possibly in combination with a Ph.D. degree program, in Austria or abroad)
- Create a start-up company in manufacturing, as a service provider, or as an expert consultant
- Polymeric Materials and Testing
- Polymer Product Engineering
- Polymer Processing
- Elective Courses
- Autonomous Coursework/Electives
- Master's Thesis
- Final Master's Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Contact the Admissions Office or see the curriculum for detailed information about the admission requirements.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.