Never before in the history of mankind has there been such a rapid growth of knowledge or the related change in information as has been the case in information technologies. Students of the master’s degree programme in Information and Computer Engineering learn how to handle this phenomenon and to adjust to the necessity of independently and constantly keeping their knowledge up to date. For this reason, the curriculum aims to provide a great deal of freedom in choosing the teaching content, and increases students’ independence and initiative in the way they think, decide and act.
The Information and Computer Engineering master's programme at Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) offers the opportunity to specialise in the following focus areas:
- Secure and Correct Systems
- Computer Vision and Graphics
- Robotics and Computational Intelligence
- Signal Processing and Human Communication
- Communications and Mobile Computing
- Embedded and Automotive Systems
- Measurement and Control Systems
- Microelectronics and IC Design
Career OptionsGraduates have a variety of career opportunities:
- They conduct research at universities, other research institutions, and research and development departments in business.
- They design, operate, and evaluate complex hardware and software systems in the area of information technology, the automotive industry, and telecommunications.
- The systems they design are used in e.g. smartphones and apps or robotic systems.
- At national and international levels, they work on a self-employed basis or in an employment relationship e.g. in industry, in young start-ups, or in the services sector.
- They frequently manage departments or projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Applied Cryptography
- Augmented Reality
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Adaptive Systems
- Advanced Robotics
- Analog IC Design
- Digital System Design
- Process Automation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 10 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
According to the curriculum, graduates of the following bachelor’s programmes offered at TU Graz and University of Graz will be accepted without an admission procedure (in part with with stipulations):
- Information and Computer Engineering (Telematics)
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering and Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Audio Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA798 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 399 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 363.36 Euro in the general admission period
- 399.70 Euro in the additional admission period
- 726.72 Euro for non-EU foreign nationals
Living costs for Graz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.