In particular, the Tropical Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering (TropHEE) Master's degree program, offerd at the Darmstadt University of Technology, focuses on methods and advanced techniques that enable participants to find ways of sustainable development of tropical and subtropical countries from a geoscientific point of view.
Although within the broader framework of international development cooperation, TropHEE offers a comprehensive, research-oriented education in hydrogeology and environmental geoscientific science and engineering at the master's level.
- Transport and fate of contaminants with specific knowledge in humid tropical and semi-arid areas;
- Sustainable groundwater protection with a focus on tropical areas;
- Planning, design and implementation of groundwater protection areas and catchment areas as well as catchment management;
- Site investigation and rehabilitation of brown fields and contaminated water and soil;
- Soil erosion and protection;
- Investigation, evaluation and sustainable use of geo-resources such as raw materials or water;
- Consultancy in the field of water resources and management.
- In general, it is recommended to gain practical experience in relevant organizations, institutions or companies in addition to studying at an early age. In this way, the own practicality can be tested, and it can establish professional contacts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hydrogeological Field Trips
- Hydrochemistry and Physical Hydrogeology
- Physical Hydrogeology
- Well Construction
- Water Supply Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 28 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to the Master’s degree programme applicants are required to prove geoscientific or civil engineering competences, or competences in a related subject on at least Bachelor level, as documented through a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree or a comparable examination.
- Admission to the Master’s degree programme may also depend on additional requirements.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Semester and administration fees are payable to TU Darmstadt every semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.