In particular, the Tropical Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering (TropHEE) Master's degree program, offerd at the Darmstadt University of Technology, focuses on methods and advanced techniques that enable participants to find ways of sustainable development of tropical and subtropical countries from a geoscientific point of view. Although within the broader framework of international development cooperation, TropHEE offers a comprehensive, research-oriented education in hydrogeology and environmental geoscientific science and engineering at the master's level.
- Transport and fate of contaminants with specific knowledge in humid tropical and semi-arid areas;
- Sustainable groundwater protection with a focus on tropical areas;
- Planning, design and implementation of groundwater protection areas and catchment areas as well as catchment management;
- Site investigation and rehabilitation of brown fields and contaminated water and soil;
- Soil erosion and protection;
- Investigation, evaluation and sustainable use of geo-resources such as raw materials or water;
- Consultancy in the field of water resources and management.
- In general, it is recommended to gain practical experience in relevant organizations, institutions or companies in addition to studying at an early age. In this way, the own practicality can be tested, and it can establish professional contacts.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Hydrogeological Field Trips
- Hydrochemistry and Physical Hydrogeology
- Physical Hydrogeology
- Well Construction
- Water Supply Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology Environmental Sciences View 15 other Masters in Geology in Germany
- The prerequisite for admission to a Master's program and thus prerequisite for enrollment is a degree as a "Bachelor of Science" in the same degree program or equivalent. Admission to a Master's degree program may be subject to additional content requirements.
- English proficiency at level C1 (GER) , evidenced by school certificates or Equivalents .
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.