The lectures of the Materials Science program, offered at the Darmstadt University of Technology, on theoretical material science include quantum mechanics, non-equilibrium thermodynamics, and continuum mechanics. Students need very good knowledge in the fundamentals of materials science, especially in semiconductors, functional ceramics, metals and polymers.
Graduates find employment in areas such as materials and materials development, materials technology (ie the development of new manufacturing and processing methods), in application technology, material testing/quality control and damage analysis.
They work not only in the industry, such as the automotive, Lutfahrt-, chemical, semiconductor, health industry or in the energy industry, but also for example in the administration or insurance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Lab
- Advanced Research Lab & Seminar
- Functional Materials
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- Theoretical Methods in Materials Science
- Advanced Characterization Methods of Materials Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 39 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Requirements for admission to the Master’s degree program are comprised of a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Materials Science of the Technical University of Darmstadt or an equivalent degree. Admission to the Master’s Degree program may also depend on additional requirements.
- Specific degree entrance requirements may be found here and in the competences description.
- Passed entrance examination in three subjects. The entrance examination may be waived if suitability can be proven beyond doubt, particularly by producing a B.Sc. in Materials Science of the Technical University of Darmstadt or an equivalent degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Semester and administration fees are payable to TU Darmstadt every semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.