The International Relations programme form Humboldt University Berlin starts in wintersemester only with a regular duration of four semesters.
A full time traineeship with a duration of three months and a stay abroad with a duration of one semester are part of the program (under the new study regulations, the semester abroad is no longer mandatory ).
After a successful completion of the program students will receive the academic title "Master of Arts" (M.A.).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- About half of the core modules will be offered in German, while the other half is offered in English.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies International Relations Languages View 49 other Masters in Language Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificates and Transcripts: At the time of application, transcripts and certificates of a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree in MAIR relevant fields must be submitted,
- Proof of international experience during studies: Here you can show course achievements that you have performed abroad. 'Foreign countries' is defined as: a country other than in which the higher education entrance qualification was obtained,
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English,
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of German,
- Letter of motivation (about 2 pages),
- Proof of relevant professional or practical experience.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin. Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.