The objective of the International Relations programme form Humboldt University Berlin is to give students the theoretical as well as the practical competence to prepare them for the complexities of world politics in the 21st century.
The program should give students the opportunity to enter a broad range of professional fields on national and international levels, including management, political consultation, business and research. The course of study thus aims to deepen academic and professional knowledge; specifically in theories and methods of international relations, research skills and empirical expertise in international politics. The cooperation between three universities allows students to take advantage of an extensive course catalogue that offers a broad spectrum of theoretical approaches, thematic focuses and regional expertise.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Half of the core modules will be offered in German, while the other half is offered in English.
- The program starts in wintersemester only with a regular duration of four semesters. A full time traineeship with a duration of three months as well as a stay abroad with a duration of one semester are part of the program.
- After a successful completion of the program students will receive the academic title "Master of Arts" (M.A.).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 31 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
These are essential prerequisite to take part in the admission procedure:
- a BA degree (or equivalent) in a discipline that is relevant for the Master Program in International Relations
- proven proficiency in English and German
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin. Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.