The goal of the Global Studies Programme from Humboldt University Berlin is to analyze the social world we live in by research and work towards envisioning and realizing alternative futures. The programme requires a Master's Thesis.
The students are expected to reflect on their GSP education, experience, and research in the final thesis. We encourage our students to continue as researchers after GSP and pursue a Ph.D.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Globalization
- Two Research Focus Electives
- Modern social theories
- Global Public Spheres
- Research Focus Electives
- Empirical Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Political Science View 44 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are two fundamental requirements.
- First, the applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree in a social or related science. The applicants will fill out a self-assessment form to show that they have acquired at least 60 ECTS in the field of social sciences.
- Second, the applicants will need to prove that they are fluent in English. To receive further information on the application process, please go to Contact and fill out the MA information form.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin! Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.