Reasons to study Sports History and Culture programme from De Montfort University
- The Sports History and Culture MA is an online distance learning programme
- You can fit your study around your other commitments, potentially allowing you to make a complete change in the direction of your career
- You will be able to attended conferences organised by the International Centre for Sports History and Culture (ICSHC) and its affiliates – both locally and further afield
- You will learn from an expert teaching team, who are all active in their own field and who maintain links with major sporting organisations
Many of our students have used their studies to develop careers in sports writing, sport development, management, the media and teaching. Others have gone on to undertake PhD research and pursue academic careers. A number have used their studies to publish work. A number of our students have undertaken a six month paid internship with the history management team at the Adidas headquarters in Germany.
We are actively developing our employability links with the course. With the flexibility of distance learning, our students often take the course part time while they work. Others choose the more intensive one-year study plan to obtain an MA before applying for further study such as a PGCE or PhD programme. This mixture makes the varied career profiles of our students a strength of the MA, in terms of its multi disciplinary intake.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and Cultural Themes of Sport
- Sport, Politics and Policy
- Investigating Sports History: Research Methods
- Sport, Writing and History
- Football: Past and Present
- The History of Rugby
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is important that you send your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Sports Sciences View 32 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree in a relevant subject such as history, other humanities-based subjects, sports studies or sociology.
- We welcome applications from a wide sector and all non-standard applications will be carefully considered.
- You will need access to the internet and a computer with software capable of reading and writing Rich Text Format documents, such as Microsoft Word, Appleworks or StarOffice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU - £695 per 15 credits part time
- Internationals: £7,300 (part-time) per year, or £1,215 per 15 credit module.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.