The Anthropology MA is a two-year programme with a strong focus on research. Classes are taught in English.
Students of the MA in Anthropology at the University of Leipzig train advanced research skills. They are well prepared to undertake a PhD or work in the cultural sector, such as museums or NGOs. Anthropology graduates also seek employment in the media as journalists or film-makers. They are well trained to work in marketing research, institutional analysis or the development sector. It is recommended that students gain additional professional experience and build networks through internships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture and Technology
- Anthropology and Communication
- Current Debates in Anthropology
- Advanced Research Methods
- Research/internship/overseas semester
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general pre-requisite for entering the program is a degree from a higher education institution, usually via the completion of a bachelor program with a standard study period of six semesters.
- A Bachelor's degree in Anthropology or a related discipline
- Solid proficiency in English (proficiency at level B2 (CEFR))
- Successful completion of an Aptitude test (Eignungsfeststellungsprüfung). Enrolment is conditional on the student passing the admission interview. More information is available at the institute’s webpage.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
You will receive a fee notice if you have to pay tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.