Based on this assumption, the curriculum of the course provides specific education in the areas of peace studies, conflict transformation, development cooperation, education for peace, cultures of peace, democracy, human rights, communication by peaceful means and gender and postcolonial studies, among other areas.
With a tradition spanning over twenty years, the Peace, Conflict and Development Studies Master Degree was introduced as a Jaume I University-specific course and has since then become increasingly well-established. It is now offered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Jaume I University and institutionally falls within the Interuniversity Institute for Social Development and Peace created jointly by the University of Alicante and the Jaume I University.
- Peace and Culture
- Peace and Conflict
- Peace and Development
- Research Option
- Professional Option
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Political Science View 29 other Masters in Political Science in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Student record. Candidates’ academic excellence is assessed (20%).
- Knowledge and previous professional experience, especially in the three main fields addressed in the degree: peace, conflict and development. The applicants’ CVs are assessed (30%).
- Personal motivation, aspirations, social responsibility and interests. Applicants submit a personal essay for assessment explaining their motivation to take this degree and their interest in its main fields (20%).
- Language proficiency (English/Spanish) (20%).
- The master can be attended en Spanish and/or in English. Students who are not native, will need to certify that they have a level B2 for their admission.
- Home country and cultural context.
International2340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39 EUR per credit during 24 months.
EU/EEA2340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Castellón de la Plana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.