The Applied Health Services Research program of University of New Brunswick is an unique program designed for those with or without a healthcare background. Instructors hold all classes online and provide students with an interdisciplinary approach to healthcare research. Students obtain a hands-on experience through a residency placement.
Students in the MAHSR program gain the necessary skills to tackle key issues in health service policy, administration and delivery. Graduates pursue exciting careers in health research, healthcare and health policy, contributing to ARTC's goal of increasing health services research capacity in Atlantic Canada and beyond.
Examples of research areas
- Patient Care
- Healthcare Services
- Health Policy
- Determinants of Health
- Mental Health
- Community Health
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Canadian Health Systems
- Ethical Foundations of Applied Health Research
- Research and Evaluation Design and Methods
- Determinants of Health
- Policy and Decision Making
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 30 other Masters in Health Management in Canada
- Successful completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with Honours.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 (equivalent to a B+ or 75%).
- Students whose first language is not English need to provide language test score results. If applicable, a TOEFL score of 100, TWE 5, or IELTS of 7 and results must indicate ‘academic’ not ‘general’.
- A complete application form, including three references.
International1435 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per module during 24 months.
National874 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 874 CAD per module during 24 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.