The International Business and Development program offered at University of Parma includes basic subjects on the use of international statistics, the foundations of international law and international markets, the history of globalization processes, and macroeconomic scenarios.The program is then divided between providing the microeconomic skills that are necessary for working in companies operating within global markets, and the macroeconomic skills needed for working in the field of international cooperation and development policies or within large international organizations.
Graduates in International Business and Development may hold positions of responsibility in enterprises operating in international markets, multinational companies, non-governmental organizations working in the field of development cooperation, European and international institutions and organizations and national and regional institutions working on projects within the framework of EU policies. He/she also act as a consultant on issues of international economics and development, as well as corporate management and non-governmental organizations in a global perspective. The course will be conducted entirely in English in so much as it is aimed at Italian students wanting to operate in a global market and at students from around the world. The intention is also to create a community of top-level students of international standing and with a global vision of economic problems in the city of Parma. Consistent with the issues examined during the course and with the choice of the English language, a key role will be assigned to partnerships with foreign universities, aimed at creating opportunities for periods of study abroad and attracting foreign students from different parts of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic growth
- History of globalization
- International financial institutions and markets
- EU policies and projects
- International industrial economics
- Development economics and international cooperation
- Environmental economics
- Communication skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development International Business View 31 other Masters in International Business in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For admission to a Second Cycle Degree Course (= Master's Degree), students must submit to the Italian Embassy/Consulate the following documents:
- original (or duplicate) First Cycle or three-year University degree, or any other post-secondary qualification obtained abroad and recognised as equivalent;
- certificate issued by the home university listing the exams passed and the related programmes for each discipline.
- In addition to the required documents, NON-EU students must also submit:
- the Pre-application for the degree course of their choice (2 original copies) to the competent Italian Embassy or Consulate in order to obtain their entry visa for study purposes;
- two passport-size photos
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.