The Information Technology and Learning programme from University of Gothenburg gives you the opportunity to work with leading researchers in the fields of learning sciences, educational studies, digital communication, informatics, and human-computer interaction in a vibrant community with small class sizes and a focus on hands-on seminar activities.
Once accepted, you will join a diverse group of international students with a range of educational backgrounds and work experiences. You will develop knowledge that will help you to effectively work with the research, design and evaluation of programmes, learning products and educational environments informed by appropriate theory and empirical evidence.
Graduates of the programme are equipped to understand and lead change as learning settings digitalize
They go on to a variety of exciting careers in educational institutions and industry or continue their education towards a PhD.
Some work as researchers and analysts providing a critical perspective on the use of IT in learning settings, while others work to plan, develop and evaluate IT based initiatives. Whether you plan to work in educational institutions, industry, or pursue a career as a researcher, the International Master’s Programme in IT and Learning will help you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a professional profile that fits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Statement of intent
The Statement of Intent should address the questions below, and be well structured and written, in clear and concise language. Please state clearly in the heading the name of the programme that you are applying for and in your own words, please tell us:
- How have your past experiences (both academic and non-academic) shaped your interest in the Master’s programme in IT and learning?
- How have these experiences prepared you for the Master’s programme in IT and learning?
- What are your professional aims and aspirations and in what way do you think that the Master’s programme in IT and learning may help you develop toward those goals?
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Technology Management View 5 other Masters in Technology Management in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 180 credits or an equivalent degree. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
- The selection is based on the submitted CV and Statement of Intent. Upload your CV and Statement of Intent together with your other documents (same deadline as for the application).
International24199 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24199 EUR for the full programme and a duration of .
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of .
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 254 000 SEK
- First payment: 63 500 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.