The ultimate goal of theHuman Computer Interaction programme from University of Trento is to train a new generation of researchers and professionals, who can understand the complexity of human cognition, behaviour and emotion at a micro-meso- and macro-level and are able to embed this knowledge in new computing artefacts and technologies matching the most diverse human values, interests and needs.
Graduates in Human-Computer Interaction will acquire a solid background in the field of communication technologies for the creation and development of user-oriented and environmentally sustainable products and interfaces, thus meeting a demand which has been constantly increasing on the market of new technologies.
They can be employed in both the private and the public sector, e.g. in the fields of
- industries dealing with the creation and development of products requiring a human interface
Graduates can also become self-employed and work as consultants for private and public institutions concerned with the analysis and development of Human-Computer Interaction, ergonomic systems and computational models of the cognitive processes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master is structured into three specialisation areas:
- social-cognitive area: brain/mind interaction and cognitive ties;
- computer science area: user-interfaces; user-centred design; participatory design; human-machine interaction; prototyping of interactive systems, affective computing, e-learning;
- methodological area: qualitative and quantitative methodologies; visual, ethic and epistemological planning.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- non-EU students resident abroad: from 18.12 to 05.03
- EU students and non-Eu students permanent resident in italy: from 01.02 2021 to 31.05
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Human Computer Interaction Machine Learning View 15 other Masters in Machine Learning in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree, English language B2 level (accepted certificate are listed in the call for application)
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum and motivation letter
- English language
- Statement of purpose
- Self-presentation video pitch
- Specific preparation in Informatic and/or Psychology
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3400 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Up to 6.500 € per year for Non-Eu living abroad. The total amount can be reduced according to the application score.
- Up to 3.400 € per year for EU and Non_EU living in Italy
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.