Geoscientists, life scientists, geographers, chemists, physicists, mathematicians, economists and lawyers come together to tackle these problems in a collaborative way. Our goal is to prepare a new generation of professionals and scientists for solving the challenges ahead.
- The interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences programme at University of Vienna focuses on the analysis of fundamental environmental processes using know-how from a wide range of scientific fields. This disciplinary diversity is reflected not only in the diversity of the fields of expertise of the faculty, but also in the diversity of students coming from various areas of science.
- The master's programme deals with the scientific principles underlying the relationship between humans and the environment, focusing on system analysis. For this purpose, students acquire extensive skills in the relevant fields of natural sciences, in particular earth sciences and biology. The curriculum is internationally oriented and courses are held in English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals (Environmental Chemistry and Geochemistry; Environmental Biology; Environmental Pollutants, Element Cycles)
- Systems (Marine Systems; Ground and Surface Water Systems; Atmospheric Systems; Terrestrial Systems)
- Integrated Knowledge (Legislation, Policy and Economics; Models in Environmental Sciences; Seminar on Environmental Sciences)
- Specialisation (A: Biogeochemical Cycles and Global Change, B and C: Environmental Pollution and Remediation)
- Master’s thesis and public defence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Deadlines for EU/EEA students:
- Winter - 30 November
- Summer - 30 April
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 5 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- List of degree programmes
- Admission with a degree from the University of Vienna
- Admission with a degree from another university
- Degree programmes with an entrance exam procedure
- Visiting Master
International1454 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 727 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- As an EU/EEA/CH citizen you only have to pay the Students' Union fee (20.20 Euro).
- Non-EU/EEA students pay the fee plus the Students' Union fee of 20.20 Euro
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.