Course planning has taken into account: the complexity of the health care environment; an aging population; increasing prevalence of chronic diseases; health workforce demands; advances in the pedagogical process; and changes in the regulatory environment.
The Master of Nursing (MN) program at the University of Alberta is pleased to administer many scholarships, bursaries and research and teaching assistantships to Master of Nursing students. These funding opportunities support the student’s program as well as enrich the experience in scholarship and hands on research. Support is primarily intended for full-time students but opportunities also exist for part-time students.
The MN program aims to prepare graduates to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in advanced nursing practice
- Engage in reflection, to think critically, and to act with scientific integrity in scholarly endeavours
- Facilitate the learning process and participate in activities that influence health and healthcare policy
- Understand the interaction of the nursing profession with social, political, economic, and historical forces
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Nature of Nursing Knowledge
- Research Foundations
- Statistics in Nursing Research
- Transforming Practice
- Program Planning
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Health Care Technology and Innovation
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 33 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0/4.0 or the equivalent calculated on the basis of the last 60 course weights (i.e. last two years of full time study).
- One undergraduate course in statistics and one in research methods with a final grade of B or higher in each.
- Normally, applicants must have at least one year of clinical experience. Applicants with less than one year of experience can be considered for admission if they have an exceptional GPA.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.