The program of Elementary Education at the University of Alberta is an advanced degree for educators who are concerned with professional matters of curriculum, teaching, and pedagogy. This program prepares educators for positions as master teachers, consultants, supervisors, clinicians and other school and school district personnel.
This program is for students who are able to take courses on campus and is especially suited for professionals who want to expand their knowledge base in relation to their current practices, leadership roles, and future responsibilities.
The graduate program should include opportunity for course work and experiences both within and outside the Department of Elementary Education. We provide the opportunity for the integration of theoretical and practical experiences. We strive to develop a strong community of scholars by fostering critical understandings of a range of research paradigms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice in Language Arts
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading and Writing Problems
- Children's Literature in the Elementary School
- Leadership in Language Arts
- Early Literacy Development
- Developing Writing Abilities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 9 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International7680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7680 CAD per year during 48 months.
National3759 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3759 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.