This Forestry Science degree at University of Canterbury may be taken by:
- examination and report: six courses and a project report equivalent to two courses
- examination and thesis: four courses and a thesis equivalent to four courses
- thesis only.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forest Harvest Planning
- Forest Transportation and Road Design
- Forest Products Marketing and International Trade
- Forest Economics
- Biosecurity Risk Management
- Wood Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended to apply as early as possible in advance of your intended start date, to allow for visa and other arrangements.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Forestry, or other relevant degree, or a Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry.The standard and relevance of previous study will be the criteria for selection, and for determining the options available in the degree.
International24668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24668 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4840 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National Students - 7,535 NZD
- International Students - 38,400 NZD
Scholarships, grants and awards are a great way to fund your university study.
Student loans and allowances
For domestic students, the most common option for funding your study is the New Zealand government's student loans and allowances. Here you can learn more about what they cover, and how to apply.
Overseas financial aid
If you are an international student coming to UC, you may be eligible for tuition or other financial aid from your home country, so make sure to check all your overseas financial aid options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.