About the programme
The Mathematics programme of the University of Oslo gives you a basic introduction to mathematical axiomatic-deductive methodology. You learn to formulate stringent issues in a mathematical language suit, choose strategies for solving the problems, and provide logically accurate proof of your results.
The master's programme has two programme options:
- Mathematics for Applications
We know that students who are happy with their study environment are more likely to succeed with their studies. Therefore we want you to enjoy being a student with us!
At the beginning of the study you have an opportunity to get to know both older and newer students and employees, in professional and social settings. If you wonder about some practical aspect of your study, or need advice, please contact us.
The University of Oslo has a rich student life with more than 200 student associations. We encourage all our students to be socially active. As a student you have access to pleasant study areas, both for studies and social activities, in near vicinity to the research environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Commutative Algebra
- Geometric Structures
- Complex Analysis
- Advanced Linear Analysis
- Several Complex Variables
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 5 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor’s degree.
- 4-year bachelor's degree or Licence.
- You must have a minimum grade average comparable to a Norwegian C in the required specialization. A Norwegian C is described as a good grade, generally comparable to an American B and a Second Class Upper in the British system.
- Documentation of English language proficiency.
- Scan and upload your official transcripts documenting that you have completed your upper secondary education.
- You must scan and upload your official bachelor's degree certificate and academic transcript.
- Documentation of financing.
- Passport or ID card.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.