This Counselling master's at University of Canterbury is designed to give students the opportunity to extend their theoretical grounding and professional skills to work as counsellors in a variety of settings.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Counselling and Psychology: Theories and Skills
- Counselling Supervision and Reflective Practice
- Professional Counselling Practice
- Solution-Focused Theory and Practice with Individuals and Groups
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling Psychology View 36 other Masters in Psychology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree from Aotearoa New Zealand with either acquired experience in counselling, teaching, nursing, social work, or an equivalent profession, or been deemed suitable for training as a counsellor; or
- other approved qualifications of an equivalent standard.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International56516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56516 USD per year during 24 months.
National12196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12196 USD per year during 24 months.
- National Students - 17,049 NZD
- International Students - 79,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.