Philosophy (Thesis) from University of Canterbury provides the opportunity to contribute to new knowledge in the field and build on academic skills.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science: Good, Bad, and Bogus
- God, Mind, and Freedom
- Philosophy and Human Nature
- Computers, Artificial Intelligence, and the Information Society
- Ethics, Politics and Justice
- Dinosaurs, Quarks and Quasars: The Philosophy of Science
- The Brain Gym: An Introduction to Logic
- Reason, Desire and Happiness: Hellenistic Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion: Rationality, Science, and the God Hypothesis
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesHistory Sociology Philosophy & Ethics View 15 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
- With approval from the Dean of Arts, you may be able to complete the MA(Thesis) in a different subject from your BA(Hons) qualification.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International23051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23051 USD per year during 24 months.
National5116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5116 USD per year during 24 months.
- National Students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.