The program in Software Engineering at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich is geared towards the top two percent of students in computer science and aims to educate an elite for the leading-edge areas of software engineering.
It focuses on the following five central topics of modern software engineering: software engineering methods, formal methods and IT security, database systems, distributed systems and human-computer interaction. The integration of an individual study program, practice orientation, mentoring, and soft skills training further distinguish this program.
This is a joint master program with the University of Augsburg and the Technische Universität München within the framework of the Elite Network of Bavaria. Enrollment is through the University of Augsburg.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department of Computer Science conducts research with a focus on mobile computing and IT management, database systems and data mining, semantic web, software engineering, logic, and formal methods as well as bioinformatics and media informatics.
- It is distinguished by its interdisciplinary connection with numerous partners in the sciences and humanities.
- The department offers programs and degrees in classical computer sciences, bioinformatics, and media informatics as well as teaching credentials for computer science, and it trains students from all fields in the basics of information technology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 101 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a statement concerning the personal motivation for applying for our program
- curriculum vitae including activities besides the study program
- transcript of academic records
- for applicants from outside Germany also: a brief description of the grading scheme If you have any of the additional documents listed below please include them in your application PDF as well:
- your Bachelor certificate
- references from internships and other jobs in the IT industry or from academia
- certificates and attestations for technical expertise (e.g. Scrum Master certificate, ISTQB Certified Tester)
- certificates for awards, prizes, and special honors for extraordinary achievements, commitment and such
- GRE scores
- APS certificate (applicants from China and Vietnam only)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.