The international master program in Neuro-Cognitive Psychology is taught by leading scientists in their fields, both at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich, the home institution, and at national and European partner institutions. It has a major focus on attentional and executive control of vision and action.
Both research-oriented and interdisciplinary in focus, the program integrates state-of-the-art theoretical and methodological approaches of experimental psychology and the cognitive neurosciences (neurobiology, neurology, neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry).
The program is organized jointly by LMU Munich (coordinating institution), the Technische Universität München, University of Regensburg, University of Würzburg, Research Center Jülich, and further academic and research institutions. Enrollment is through LMU Munich.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The thirteen teaching and research units of the Department of Psychology encompass the entire scope of basic and applied psychological research, ranging from the neuroscientific foundations of human cognition, emotion, and behavior to their social and organizational contexts.
- The department is successful in international research and participates in several projects of the Germany-wide Excellence Initiative.
- It runs the degree programs in psychology and the master program neuro-cognitive psychology, and contributes to the study programs of educational science and teacher education, as well as the LMUexcellent Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must hold a B.Sc. or equivalent degree (e.g. Vordiplom plus 2 semesters in psychology, biology, medicine, or related subjects), provide proof of thorough proficiency in English, and have excellent grades.
- Transcript of records from the bachelor’s program, which includes all completed courses and obtained grades
- A copy of the bachelor’s certificate/diploma (or equivalent)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.