The program in Geophysics at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich is noted internationally for its research expertise in numerical modeling and simulation. Therefore it strives to recruit not only students with a background in the geosciences, but students from physics, mathematics, and the engineering sciences as well.This is a joint master program of LMU Munich and the Technische Universität München (TUM) under the roof of the Munich Geocenter. As lead university of the program, LMU is responsible for enrollment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Themes covered include: sustainable management of water resources and land use in the face of climate change, conflict in the relationship between people and ecology, hazard research, resource utilization, urbanization and megacities, demographic change as well as mobility and migration.
- Methodologies studied focus on areas which include spatial modeling of nature, environment, economy and society, remote sensing, geographical information systems, sustainable land use, resource and risk management, research into stakeholder engagement and regional governance, environmental analysis, evaluation and management, and location analysis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Geology View 16 other Masters in Geology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor degree in geosciences, geophysics, mineralogy, geology, physics, biology, mathematics, engineering sciences, or related subjects and must provide proof of excellent English.
- The program website offers details on the application procedure.
- A copy of the bachelor’s certificate/diploma (or equivalent)
- Transcript of records from the bachelor’s program, which includes all completed courses and obtained grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.