The international, postgraduate Master's Course Urban Management was installed at Technische Universität Berlin in the fall of 2005. The degree also provides eligibility to register for PhD programs in Germany and the rest of Europe.
The Urban Management from TU Berlin offers training in management approaches that cross the boundaries of isolated professional knowledge. German language courses are offered throughout the first year. The language of instruction is English.
The start of the new intake of the Master's course is October every year. The duration of the course is 3 semesters. Two semesters are reserved for classes at the Technical University Berlin. The third semester is dedicated to further specialization and the preparation of a Master's thesis. Topics that addressing issues deriving from problems in the students’ home countries are encouraged. The program also involves internships in relevant institutions in Germany and abroad.
The Master's course in Urban Management is open to graduates from various disciplines and all countries. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 30 students per year. So far, our students and graduates have come from the following countries:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Egypt, Equador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Great Britain, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Norway, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Myan Mar, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Tansania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, USA, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction: Urbanization trends and critical urban studies
- Urban governance and planning
- Sustainable urban systems
- Urban management case studies
- Project case studies from foreign countries and Germany
- City profiles on participants’ home countries and regions
- Methods and language education
- Urban research methods and academic paper writing
- Language education: German (or other language) (UE)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Urban Planning View 11 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Urban Management Application form (hand-signed)
- Curriculum vitae (hand-signed)
- Motivation letter (hand-signed)
- Copies of your Degree Certificate and Academic Records, including an explanation of the grading system (Certificates and Academic Records in English or German do not need to be translated; those in other languages must be translated into English or German)
- Two letters of reference (hand-signed). The reference letters should be written on paper with an official letterhead or bear an official stamp.
- Proof of at least two years of work experience - on your employer(s) letterhead paper and certified by your employer(s)'
- Copy of your passport
International7333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA7333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.